Unrivalled know-how and an unparalleled sense of aesthetic
for heritage, institutional, and public buildings.
What Sets us Apart
Rainville et Frères handles all aspects of your project without subcontracting. The company has a highly-qualified and multidisciplinary team at its disposal along with a complete and unified supply chain. These major assets allow us to evaluate and plan each phase of work with rigor, all while controlling deadlines to maintain high quality standards.
An Experienced, Loyal, and Qualified Workforce
- Multidisciplinary project managers (architects, engineers);
- Sculptors and stone masons;
- Delivery team;
- Generations of families employed for over 35 years; and
- Loyal employees due to excellent working conditions.
- Specialized consultant who collaborates with architects and engineers;
- Resolution of structural problems in old buildings;
- Turnkey facade inspection—implementation of Bill 122 in collaboration with the RBQ;
- Emergency intervention (facade stabilization, shoring, safety perimeter, consultation, secure demolition);
- Design and manufacturing of custom-made anchors;
- Exclusivity on certain imported stone block;
- Working at heights; and
- Dry and wet drilling for the installation of Cintec anchors.
State-of-the-art Tools and Equipment
Rainville et Frères is independently-owned with its own mechanical and manufacturing workshops, stocked with the most advanced equipment and tools in the industry—for superior results on all fronts.
- Stone production and cutting;
- Mechanics with mobile service unit for repairs on site.
- Regularly-renewed Hilti tool fleet;
- Boom lifts and scissor lifts;
- High-capacity reach trucks;
- Standard and ringlock scaffolding;
- Fraco equipment for working at heights; and
- Equipment for wet and dry drilling up to 75 feet deep.
MASONRY RESTORATION AND INSTALLATION
Stone replacement and restoration;
Reconstruction of stairs, terraces, and pedestrian zones;
Remodeling with Jahn restoration mortar;
Consolidation using custom-made structural anchors;
Crack filling by injection;
Injection of cementitious grout;
Drilling and piercing;
Stone insertion (dutchman, veneer); and
FACADE INSPECTION AND PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE
Maçonnerie Rainville et Frères offers a turnkey facade inspection service. If you wish to use your own architectural and engineering professionals, however, the inspection can also be arranged following a joint management contract arrangement.
With our fleet of vehicles, access equipment, and specialized tools, we can perform facade inspection and stabilization on all building types, all while ensuring the protection of users.
You can count on our experience and skill to perform hammer sounding in order to prevent dangerous incidents and ensure a safe environment for the public and occupants alike.
BUILDING ENVELOPE REHABILITATION
Demolition, dismantling, and decontamination;
Cleaning of masonry elements (mortar removal);
Structural steel elements (lintels, plates, supports);
Waterproofing (membrane and insulation);
Carpentry (parapet, backing, sub-frame, etc.);
Roofing membrane; and
Concrete repair (structural slabs, parking lots, beams and columns);
Restoration of wrought metals;
Roofing and membranes;
Formwork and concreting, reinforcement;
Electricity and plumbing;
Manufacturing of custom anchors;
Shop drawings; and